Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ParkArts progress

The FACA report looks fabulous, Elliott and Samira. You did a really wonderful job.

We're continuing to develop and use the ParkArts pages. I worked with Doug and Adele at the end of last week, and they're off and running with pbwiki. It's clear that the learning curve on this one is accessible enough for most teachers to be comfortable pretty quickly. Adele and Doug are making their entire text on the site, US Music Theory Workbook, and they are going to give their FACA presentation in the keyboard lab Friday, using the wiki. Music students will have page-level privileges for the workbooks but not to the rest of the site. One problem we're encountering is that we can't add more than one calendar and we'd like to solve that. Doug needs one for students to sign up for the recording studio, but we also want a department calendar that we can keep up to date.

I thought I'd have more time to finish my parts of the 9 things before tomorrow, but maybe not. The Lincoln Center institute is pretty intense and then I got all sidetracked by the ParkArts wiki. I will do my best to get them done tonight, but if not please apologize for me at the presentation - it WILL be complete before school starts.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Break a leg, Elliott.

No comments: