Friday, June 27, 2008
Wii Remote/Wii Whiteboard Hack Continued
Went out to Baynesville Electronics to see if they had an infrared LED flashlight or some infrared LEDs...bought some and some switches and such to try making a pen from scratch. My first attempt did not work but I am going to keep trying. I have also found a 99 cent LED flashlight that I might be able to pull apart fairly easily and swap out the LED with one of the infrared LEDs. I am having fun with the puzzle of trying to build the light pen (it would make a not-too-hard project for some of my more advanced tech kids, actually, so I think I will buy a Wii remote for my classroom if only for that purpose) but if this is going to be a practical solution as a low-cost alternative to the interactive whiteboards or Mimios (which still cost quite a lot more, $600-800 for the most basic model depending on the vendor), I think we will have to look for pre-made pens or for something that is extremely easy to modify without looking clunky like the one I built. Or have kids do it. More to follow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment